Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Computer: Dell Vostro A90
Upgrades: 16 gb SSD and 2gb DDR2 RAM
- towards the end of the tutorial when it says to boot OS X using "-x" user "-x -f" instead which is a force command, when I tried the "-x", all I got was a messed up white display.
- I only had a 8 gb flash drive so i have to use another 2 gb drive to put the 10.5.7 upgrade (unpackaged) and DellEFI onto.
- OS X takes up about 8.3 gb so either get a bigger SSD or get an external drive.
- I picked up a 16 gb SDHC card (since there's a slot for one and it's basically un-noticeable) .
- My total price came to about $375 with the upgrades and 16 gb SDHC card for the hardware
- a copy of OS X will be $130 as well.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- Do NOT use FlexTable to create input forms.
- Use CSS to style elements
- Use CSS to style column width and alignment
- Use modular code, i.e. group of radio buttons could be a separate method or a class
- Do NOT use indices to format, rather use logical object and methods
Code before re-factoring:
Code after re-factoring:
contentTable.setWidget(BULLETIN_INDEX_1_DIVISION, 0, noWrapLabel("Division:"));
contentTable.setWidget(BULLETIN_INDEX_1_DIVISION, 1, divisionList);
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
DetachedCriteria criteria = DetachedCriteria.forClass(MobileCarrier.class);
criteria.add(Restrictions.ilike("country", country, MatchMode.EXACT));
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
The article below discusses the benefits of using Skype for a video interview before having to pony up the dough to get them out for an interview. Skype offers free video chat to other Skype users which can save your start-up or HR department thousands on first interviews, as well as offer something a little more than a dreary old phone interview.
Take a look at the article below...
Monday, October 19, 2009
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
How it works:
1. Create a new email from your email account
2. Mail to address is: mobilenumber
1. create a table MobileMessageType for all the mobil companies that your application will support i.e T-Mobil, AT&T, etc. See: Mobil carriers
2. Create a table MobileMessagingSetting with below fields (add more fields as needed such as max. sms per day):
message_type (use MobileMessageType table)
3. Create service classes and DAO
4. Create a mailing functionality which send emails to users using his/her mobil number and carrier email address to
See more mobile carriers gateways:
Sunday, October 11, 2009
loss why I cannot type an article on the keyboard attached to my
iPhone. I had I keyboard for HP Jornada and that was like a DECADE ago!
I am seriously thinking my next phone will be Android, wait! I already
own My Touch, damn, I am a geek.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
looking at the following comparison it SEEMS like JDO is a better
One of the concerns would be switching back to Hibernate some day when
DataStore upsets me (and it upsets me a lot).
Please let me know what you decided to use yourself.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
DrawingArea canvas = new DrawingArea(400, 400); panel.add(canvas);
Circle circle = new Circle(100, 100, 50); circle.setFillColor("red"); canvas.add(circle);